Thursday, November 11, 2010

Comment: The Importance of Voting

While reading my classmates blogs I came across the issue of voting. Reanna brings up an important topic. During election time you here people saying don't vote for this candidate or don't vote for him because he lied about me. Then you have the people who say that "they don't know who to vote for so they won't". This was my first election to vote in and I was proud that I was finally able to put my opinion on the ballot.

 Reanna told why she thinks it is a good idea to vote and that you don't have to just pick from the Republican or Democratic party. There are other parties out there and if you like their ideas then vote for them. You have the free will to vote for whoever you want. If you don't then you don't have the right to complain when the law changes to something you don't like.

This editorial of voting is not biased. Reanna stated the pros of voting and the cons of not voting. The person of proposition that you vote on may not turn out to be what you wanted but you took part in the decision. How else can you get something passed if no one votes? If you don't want to vote then I suggest that you move somewhere like Cuba or North Korea and have a dictator that tell you everything you can and can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment